Volkswagen Truck & Bus AG officially become TRATON AG on August 30. The Group, founded in 2015, comprises the brands MAN, Scania, Volkswagen Caminhões e Ônibus and RIO which will retain their own identity.
Andreas Renschler, Chief Executive Officer of TRATON AG and member of the Board of Management of Volkswagen AG, said: “TRATON is a young company with the unique character of a start-up and the extensive experience of its traditional brands. This combination is what it takes to re-invent transportation for future generations. Today, we start spreading the TRATON spirit across all our brands, locations and functions. It is impressive to see how strong our ties are: TRATON lives through the brands and vice versa. Together we are the TRATON GROUP and we are dedicated to drive transportation to the next level.”
The new name (a derivative of the bullet points below) as well as the new claim “transforming transportation” reflect what the company is striving for and how it is acting:
• TRAnsformation of the ecosystem transport is our mission – for everyone’s benefit.
• TRAnsportation is our and our customer’s passion.
• TONnage is what our customers are moving around the world, every day.
• TRAdition of our strong brands is what is grounding us.
• Always “ON” is the ultimate goal of our customers and our attitude in order to make everything possible for them.
Source: TRATON Group