NGVAmerica has publicly recognized it’s 2013 NGV Achievement Award winners in an awards ceremony as part of the 2013 North American NGV Conference and Expo held last week in Atlanta, Georgia. The awards ceremony followed a well-attended gala and reception dinner at the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta. Amongst the recipients was Rich Kolodziej, past president of NGV Global (2008-2010), who was honored for his distinguished commitment to the natural gas vehicle industry.
The NGV Achievement Award recognizes national innovators and early adopters for their outstanding leadership, vision and innovation to advance natural gas as a vehicular fuel. Every year, NGVAmerica members submit nominations recognizing their customers, partners and industry advocates for their contributions to growing the NGV industry. Award winners are then selected by NGVAmerica staff after a thorough review of members’ submissions.
The recipients of the 2013 NGV Achievement Award:
- Casella Waste Systems, Inc., Rutland, VT – NGV Advocacy & Fleet Implementation Program
- Central Freight Lines, Inc., Waco, TX – Natural Gas Fleet Deployment Program
- Dillon Transport, Inc., Burr Ridge, IL – Natural Gas Fleet Program
- Drive Natural Gas, Washington, DC – “Add Natural Gas” Vehicle Demonstration Program
- Fair Oaks Farms, Fair Oaks, IN – Renewable Natural Gas – Compressed Natural Gas Fleet & Station Program
- Richard R. Kolodziej, President of NGVAmerica, Washington, DC – Lifetime Achievement Award
- Monarch Beverage Company, Indianapolis, IN – NGV Fleet & Station Program
- Ozinga Ready Mix Concrete, Inc., Mokena, IL – NGV Fleet & Station Program
- Smith Dairy, Orville, OH – NGV Advocacy & Fleet-Station Implementation Program
- Mike Scarpino/Regional Manager, DOE Clean Cities Coalition – Outstanding NGV Advocate-Ally
- United Parcel Service of America, Atlanta, GA – 25 Years of Exemplary NGV Industry Leadership
The awards were presented by NGVAmerica President Richard Kolodziej and Clean Vehicle Education Foundation (CVEF) President Doug Horne, P.E. The recipients of the 21st annual NGV Achievement Award are now part of a select group of leaders whose hard work has been most impactful to advancing the natural gas vehicle industry.
“The NGV Achievement Award provides an important opportunity to recognize the contributions and accomplishments of our industry’s leaders,” said Richard Kolodziej, President of NGVAmerica. “Their vision and hard work is growing the NGV industry and is helping others to realize the economic and environmental benefits of using natural gas as a vehicular fuel.”
NGVAmerica represents more than 200 companies, environmental groups, and government organizations interested in the promotion and use of natural gas and biomethane as transportation fuels.