IANGV has awarded NGV 2008 to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and
NGV 2012 to Chuncheon, Korea. Bids are now invited for NGV
2010. The following are the main issues that the will be taken
into account when selecting the winning city.
• availability of a suitable facility and hotels for the conference and exhibition
• location of the city and country in relation to previous and future conferences
• the existence of an NGV industry in the country and
consideration of the benefits that will accrue to that industry by
• the local NGV industry should be one of the key proposers in the bid
• benefits to IANGV
• involvement of other parties such as sponsors and Government
It is likely that bidders will find it necessary to assemble a team of organizations in order to submit a competitive bid.
There will be a meeting of the IANGV Council in Strasbourg in June 2007
at which bids will be considered. Bidders should, if requested,
be prepared to make a presentation at that meeting. Bids should
be submitted to IANGV by 31 Mar 2006.
Prospective bidders should contact the Secretary General of IANGV
before commencing bid preparation in order to obtain more detailed
information about certain of the conditions and a conference protocol.