NGV Global 2017, Rotterdam, Netherlands : March 21 – 23, 2017
Venue: Rotterdam Ahoy
Exhibition: Sales Underway
NGV Global’s 15th Biennial Conference and Exhibition — NGV Global 2017 — is the world’s leading natural gas conference, bringing together sustainable transportation stakeholders from around the world—fleets, technology companies, OEMs, infrastructure developers, fuel providers, and Government representatives and policymakers—to discuss the rapidly growing global use of natural gas in the transportation sector. Important market drivers have brought the event to Rotterdam next year as a focus of alternative fuel developments both in Europe and internationally.
New standards and policies are in place, the oil price is slowly but surely edging upward, emissions targets are known, gas supply is secure and the price is low, and there are exciting discussions taking place between stakeholders about the synergies of fuel supply for on-road, off-road, inland waterways and coastal shipping. NGV Global will lead that discussion and exploration of potential during a three-stream conference in Rotterdam: policy, technology and implementation.
The change of venue from St. Petersburg (Oct 2016) to Rotterdam (Mar 2017) has received strong expressions of support from NGVA Europe, NGV Italy and NGV Global Sponsors and Members and has already captured interest as an exciting location and natural gas mobility hub.
Furthermore, following the announcement of the new location during the NGV Italy event in Bologna last week, several companies have already moved to secure prime exhibition space at the Rotterdam Ahoy, an easily accessed convention centre and arena. (Ahoyweg 10, 3084 BA Rotterdam, Netherlands)
Europe in the News
As a brief indicator of Europe-based developments that have or will have worldwide implications, or lead by example, the following NGV Global News articles will be of interest.
- CNG and LNG Approved as Fuel for Transporting Dangerous Goods (ADR)
- Europe Prepares Uniform Regs for Inland Waterway Vessels, LNG Fuel Included
- German LNG Initiative Grows, Priorities Defined
- European Parliament Allows Car Emissions Test Update
- Change Proposed for Finnish Gas Market
- Spain Sets Alt-Fuel Strategy Ahead of EC 2016 Deadline
- IMO Adopts Regulations for Ships Using LNG as Fuel
- EC Creates ‘Sustainable Transport Forum’
- Discuss NGVs, Plan for NGVs, Drive NGVs – UN Does It All
- Portugal Issues New CNG Workshop Standard – NP 4533
- TEN-T Funding Supports LNG for Transport Policy Development in Portugal
- EC Calls for Policy Action to Push Alt-Fuel Solutions for Transport
- EC Establishes Low-Carbon Fuel Standard for Transport Fuels
- New Rules for EU Member States to Grow Alternative Fuelling Stations
- UK DfT Report Makes Recommendation for Use of Methane and Biomethane in HGVs
The Call for Abstracts, initially set up for our 2016 conference (now deferred from St. Petersburg to Rotterdam) remains open and is available on our 2017 website, at www.ngv2017.com.
Have you been facilitating change, embarking on exciting new projects, completing rigorous research, resolving technical or commercial barriers? What is your success story? Now is the time to work with your colleagues and consider which abstracts need to be submitted and presented at the Conference.
Topics being covered include but are not limited to:
- Gas Quality and Composition – managing issues, ways forward
- Renewable Natural Gas: Synthetic, Biomethane, Power to Gas
- Heavy Horsepower Engines – technologies, applications, success stories
- LDV, MDV technologies
- Refuelling Technology CNG and LNG
- Marine Applications – bunkering, inland waterways; integration with land applications; challenges
- Logistics and Fleets – challenges, regulations, success stories
- Environmental Impact
- Standards, Regulations & Safety
- Fuel pricing policies and the role of government
- Storage Technology CNG & LNG
- LNG Production (small scale, localised)
- Natural Gas Vehicles vs. the alternatives
- Venture capital funds and investment
- Measurement, sales and taxation
- Research & Development
- Economics of natural gas as a fuel for transportation
- Regional Integration
The NGV Global Conference and Exhibition is a collaboration between NGV Global and Exhibitions & Trade Fairs.
(Article updated August 2016)