Tata Motors showcased a new mini-truck based on its popular ACE platform, from its new municipal range of solutions, at Municipalika 2014 in Gandhinagar, Gujarat. The ACE Hopper Tipper BS IV – Waste Segregation is a fully-built offering from Tata Motors and is ideal for door-to-door garbage collection and unloading waste directly into a garbage compactor.
NGV Global News has been advised by Tata Motors that the vehicle is available with a Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) engine, increasing its effectiveness as an environmentally friendly city vehicle. The vehicle can be easily manoeuvered through narrow lanes offering ease of navigation and reduced traffic congestion due to its small size & “best-in-class” turning radius.
Mr. Vernon Noronha, Head – Defence & Government business, Tata Motors, explained the “off-the-shelf” municipal solution comes with easy to operate equipment and is backed by Tata Motors extensive service network, also providing added advantages of best fuel economy and lowest cost of maintenance.
Salient Features of the Tata ACE Hopper Tipper BS IV – Waste Segregation include:
- Fully- built Mini Garbage Tipper available in BS III & BS IV
- Ideal for Door-to-Door Garbage Collection & Through Narrow Lanes
- Ideal for Unloading Waste Directly into a Garbage Compactor
- High Torque Vehicle- Suitable for hilly terrains
- Cathodic Electro Deposition (CED) Treated Body to Prevent Corrosion
- Better Operating Economics & Ease of Maintenance
(Source: Tata Motors)