Following the opening of 4 LNG filling stations in the Netherlands, PitPoint.LNG will open its first LNG filling station in Belgium, planned to open in April 2019. It will be located in the industrial area LAR Menen (Rekkem), at the existing Total petrol station.
This new LNG filling station offers many advantages for the transport sector:
- Located just off highway E17 / A14 on the through route in the Benelux, only 2 km from the French border.
- 3 parking places for LNG trucks
- Equipped with 2 LNG pumps
- A full-service stopover for every transporter, with restaurant and parking
- No excise duty on LNG in Belgium.
PitPoint has already installed and operates more than 130 CNG filling stations in Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany and 4 LNG filling stations in the Netherlands. Other European countries are also on the agenda. With the arrival of this first PitPoint LNG filling station in Belgium, the network of LNG filling stations in Belgium will be expanded further. This brings the realisation of an international network in Northwest Europe one step closer.