NGVAmerica held an awards ceremony to honor the recipients of the 2014 NGV Achievement Awards on Wednesday, November 12 as part of the 2014 NGV North American NGV Conference & Expo. The presentation of the 2014 NGV Achievement Awards took place following a well-attended industry lunch in the Junior Ballroom at the Kansas City Convention Center.
The NGV Achievement Awards recognize national innovators and early adopters for their outstanding leadership, vision and innovation to advance natural gas as a vehicular fuel. Every year, NGVAmerica members submit nominations recognizing their customers, partners and industry advocates for their contributions to further grow the natural gas vehicle (NGV) industry. Award winners are then selected by NGVAmerica after a thorough review of members’ submissions.
The recipients of the 2014 NGV Achievement Awards:
- Apache Corporation — NGV Advocacy & Fleet Implementation Program
- City Furniture, Inc. — Outstanding CNG Fleet & Station Program
- ColdStar Solutions, Inc. — NGV Advocacy & Fleet Implementation Program
- Denver International Airport — 25+ Years of Exemplary NGV Industry Leadership
- Dr. Mostafa M. Kamel — NGV Industry Lifetime Achievement Award
- Emerald Coast Utilities Authority — NGV Advocacy & Fleet Implementation Program
- John R. Bacon — NGV Industry Lifetime Achievement Award
- Lee’s Summit R-7 School District — Outstanding CNG Fleet & Station Program
- Samuel C. Swearngin — NGV Advocacy & Fleet Implementation Program
- Seaboard Foods — Outstanding CNG Fleet & Station Program
- Sysco Corporation — Outstanding Natural Gas Fleet & Station Program
- USA Hauling & Recycling, Inc. — NGV Advocacy & Fleet Implementation Program
The awards were presented by NGVAmerica President Matthew Godlewski and Clean Vehicle Education Foundation (CVEF) President Doug Horne, P.E. The recipients of the 22nd Annual NGV Achievement Awards are now part of a select group of leaders whose hard work has been most impactful to advancing the NGV industry.
“The NGV Achievement Awards provide an important opportunity to recognize the contributions and accomplishments of our industry’s leaders,” said NGVAmerica President Matthew Godlewski. “The vision and hard work of this year’s recipients is growing the NGV industry and is helping others to realize the economic and environmental benefits of using domestic natural gas as a transportation fuel.”
NGVAmerica is the national organization driving the use of natural gas as a clean, domestic, safe and abundant transportation fuel. The organization represents more than 230 companies, environmental groups, and government organizations interested in the promotion and use of natural gas in transportation. For more information about NGVAmerica, visit www.ngvamerica.org.