Alicia Milner appointed to Chairperson position
NGV Global 2012 week of activities in Mexico City kicked off Tuesday with a General Assembly for NGV Global Members and a meeting of members of the Board.
Election of Officers
The General Assembly, open to all Members and Associate Members, is held to bring members up to date on the activities of the association and elect members to the Board and appoint Officers of the Association.
The meeting unanimously appointed Alicia Milner (President of the Canadian Natural Gas Vehicle Alliance – CNGVA) as Chairperson of the Board. Milner succeeds Gabriele Gozzi who remains an Officer as Immediate Past Chairperson.
Other appointments, also unanimous, included Phil Fathers (Emerson Process Management, UK), who takes up the position of Vice Chairperson, and Brenda Smith (Gas Advisers, Hong Kong) as Treasurer.
The official handover of the Chairperson role will happen at the closing ceremony of the conference this Friday (Mexico time).
Gozzi took the opportunity to thank outgoing Treasurer, Brian Fulton (Intermech, NZ), who resigned his position. Fulton and NGVC Egypt representative, Yehia El Ridi, were the only Board members who did not seek to continue on the Board for another term.
Board Refines Strategic Plan
In a Board meeting held earlier, Board members continued discussion on a Strategic Plan, first commenced at a full day strategy session in Bologna, Italy in June this year.
With the plan in it’s final stages, the Board expects to sign off on it by the end of this year.
The Board meeting included a presentation from the IGU representative on the Board, Mr Georges Liens (Storengy, France), outlining possible avenues for further cooperation between the associations. Recently appointed President of NGV System Italia, Mariarosa Baroni, also addressed the Board, outlining her vision for the Italian association and areas of strategic focus.
Members were also brought up to date on activities of the association by Executive Director, Brett Jarman. Highlighted items included:
- Noting that the association is now in it’s 26th year
- A review of the current structure of the secretariat
- Updates on the communications initiatives of the association
- Review of the International Standards Organisation (ISO) and OIML liaison activities
- Outlining actions taken within the UN ECE, including managing the secretariat of the informal Gaseous Fueled Vehicles Group (GFV)
- The release last year of a position paper on CNG Cylinder and Vehicle Verification programs
- The announcement of the location of NGV Global 2014
- An update of the strategic plan under development