McNeilus Truck & Manufacturing, Inc., an Oshkosh Corporation company, has unveiled the newest addition to the McNeilus lineup of Compressed Natural Gas (CNG)-powered refuse vehicles – the new Meridian front loader. At a base body weight of 16,800 pounds, a 14-ton payload and rated to lift 10,000 pounds, the Meridian is designed for both commercial and residential applications.
Developed with easier access and serviceability in mind, the Meridian features a clear headframe, underbody hydraulics and an electrical sidewall panel. Hydraulic valves have been relocated under the body rather than the typical placement on the headframe, eliminating problems caused by potential leaks and providing protection from hot exhaust. An enclosed sidewall panel houses the electrical components, keeping them away from heat and any refuse debris.
“The Meridian hits the productivity sweet spot our customers need with its reduced body weight, and increased lifting and payload capacities,” said Brad Nelson, president, McNeilus Truck & Manufacturing and Oshkosh Commercial Segment.
The Meridian is available with McNeilus’ NGEN Tailgate CNG system. This system is offered in 60, 75, 90 and 105 DGE capacities and includes several unique benefits, such as:
- A Pressure Relief Device (PRD) system that provides continuous heat protection along the full length of the CNG tanks, which is standard in all NGEN CNG configurations;
- McNeilus® Strike Protection, providing a sturdy steel covering that surrounds key components;
- Toolboxes integrated into the tailgate that free up space on the frame and provide storage;
- Ground Level Fuel Shut-Off that allows operators or maintenance personnel to manually stop the flow of fuel at one convenient location;
- Tailgate props designed for easier deployment and access; and
- A pivoting structure that simplifies inspection.
(Source: McNeilus Truck & Manufacturing, Inc.)