Agility Fuel Systems, developer and manufacturer of natural gas fuel systems for heavy-duty vehicles in North America, launched their new 2016 160 DGE Behind-the-Cab compressed natural gas (CNG) fuel system at the American Trucking Association’s Technology and Maintenance Council (TMC) Exhibition in Nashville, Tennessee, earlier this week.
This innovative Behind-the-Cab 160 DGE CNG fuel system delivers what Agililty calls the most efficient package of any CNG heavy-duty vehicle system on the road today. The new system is mounted up to six inches closer to the cab for improved aerodynamics and leaving more available rail space.
Weighing just 2,150 lbs, this brand new model is described as the lightest in the industry and requires 13 percent less refueling time than its nearest competitor.
Other features of the Agility CNG system include:
- Aircraft-grade aluminum structure mounted on rubber isolators to reduce stress on components
- Neck-mounted, anti-tank spin design eliminates tank rotation that can stress fuel lines
- Geomet™ coated fasteners offer the ultimate in corrosion protection
- Pretreated aluminum covers painted at our automated world-class, automotive-grade paint facility
- Track-tested for one million miles
“Our vision is to transform the transportation world by designing the most innovative, clean natural gas systems in the market today to ensure a more sustainable future tomorrow”, stated Kathleen Ligocki, CEO of Agility Fuel Systems. “Our latest product, the 2016 Behind-the-Cab 160 DGE CNG fuel system offers our customers a unique value proposition in performance, weight, fill time, durability and aesthetics…well ahead of the curve in our
Agility Fuel Systems, headquartered in Santa Ana, California, is an NGV Global Sponsor member.
(Source: Agility Fuel Systems)