After completion of the second round of the Swedish Touring Car Championship, at Knutstorp last weekend, the drivers of all four biomethane-powered VW Motorsport Sciroccos, two each for Team biogas.se and IPS Team Biogas, are placed in the top six on the championship table. In a tight battle with two conventionally-powered WTCC-specification Chevrolet Cruze 1.6T competitors the 2.0 litre turbocharged Super 2000 spec Volkswagen Scirocco teams believe they will continue to improve, looking forward to the forthcoming Malmö event to test out vehicle handling adjustments.
Championship Table – end of Round 2:
- Johan Kristoffersson, Volkswagen Scirocco, 83 points
- Rickard Rydell Chevrolet Cruze, 79
- John Stureson, Volkswagen Scirocco, 50
- Michel Nykjær, Chevrolet Cruze, 45,
- Patrik Olsson, Volkswagen Scirocco, 40
- Jordi Gené, Volkswagen Scirocco, 34
Johan Kristoffersson from Team biogas.se won both races at the STCC season opener at Mantorp.
The next STCC round is at Sturup Raceway near Malmö 15-16 June.
(This article primarily compiled using information from biogas.se)
(Este artículo también está disponible en Español)